A Healthy Thyroid Equals Balanced Weight loss
- Your thyroid dictates much of your metabolism, any malfunction or disease afflicting this area may cause you to have problems in metabolism leading to a drastic problem with your weight so you may either gain weight, lose weight, or may find that losing weight is harder than usual.
- Those that plan diets do not consider how their thyroid plus metabolism may affect their weight loss program. Most experts and even the media pitch in and recommend that the best way to lose weight is to cut down calorie intake.
- Those with a condition called hyperthyroidism suffer from an overactive thyroid leading to one having his or her metabolism skyrocket. If this is the case, then you will probably lose weight fast. This is a nice proposition for some who wish to lose weight. However, this is actually hazardous to the health.
- Aside from the medical difficulties such a disease brings, one will also notice weight problems as a result. These people have trouble keeping on weight and may notice weakness and bulging of the eyes. This disease may need special treatment from doctors.
- Hypothyroidism on the other hand works in the other direction by immediately slowing down the metabolism until the body gains weight at a regular rate. Like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism causes a general weakness in the body. It too may need special treatment and may cause serious health problems if left unattended.
- While cutting calories can be a challenge for most people to imagine, people involved in life and death struggles head to the supermarket to make serious decisions on whether to buy that extra box of sweets, or other foods they know aren’t quite healthy for them. Then some others have exactly the opposite problem.
- Instead of eating too many calories which is a problem in itself, they eat too little calories instead. The key is to find the midpoint. Balance.
- Problem? What Problem? The problem with some is that they believe that since the experts say that they have to cut calories, cutting calories to an inordinate amount will reap greater results. Unfortunately, it does not work that way. While cutting calories helps diets, consuming too little calories pushed the body into a hoard mode, the body’s metabolism slow to adapt to the lesser amount of available energy.
- If your body enters this mode, your body will work at such slow metabolism that losing weight becomes impossible. The technique here is to cut calories without the body slowing its metabolism. Only then can losing weight become easier.
- Another problem that can arise from decreased metabolism is that when your metabolism slows due to a drastic reduction in metabolism, and then you suddenly eat a good, hearty, calorie-filled meal, you are bound to gain more weight owing to the increased surplus of energy.
- This is why an imbalanced meal is highly discouraged among those that seek to lose weight. The sudden loss and increase of calories will cause an imbalance in a person’s energy consumption directly affecting fat deposit.
- Here is a simple computation to help you get to the right amount of calories you will need per day so that you get your nutrients in the right balance.
- First of all, multiply your weight in kilograms by 30. If you only know your weight in pounds, divide it by 2.2 to get to its English equivalent. We divide this number by 30 because that is the number of calories you need to support your weight per pound of weight.
- For example if your weight in pounds is 150, divide it by 2.2. That will give you a figure of 68.18. This is your weight in kilograms. Multiply this by 30 and you will arrive at the amount of calories you will need per day to keep up 150 lbs.
- You may consult a nutritionist to help you come lose weight. In the end it all comes down to math. If you consume more that your body needs, it stores it as fat. Now is probably a good time to start studying the back of those grocery cartons.
- Try to keep your diet at a 40% protein, 25% fat, and 35% carbohydrate meals at 300 calories per meal. Spread out these meals in a day for best results.
- While it can be simple computation to get at numbers, do not forget the earlier mentioned fact that the body adapts to its condition. Expose it to extreme ones and you may find yourself getting results you never wanted. Consult a nutritionist for more advice.