Inositol, which also goes by the name cyclohexane, is a glucose isomer, which has an important role to play in the body. It is said to be a member of vitamin B complex. Myo-inositol is used by the body to form phospholipids, which are incorporated into the brain and other tissues.
Inosital aids in the metabolism of fats. It is good for regulating hormone function and controlling cholesterol. Inositol is found in Vitamin B complex and is used in the body’s cell membranes. Inositol helps with the transportation of fats throughout the body and also helps neurons communicate better with the body’s nervous system.
Inositol and choline combine to produce lecithin, a type of lipid that is needed to form healthy membranes for every living cell in the body. Lecithin helps keep the brain, heart, and liver healthy, and aids in the absorption of thiamin (vitamin B1) and vitamin A. Inositol protects the arteries against cholesterol and hardening. It helps in production of healthy cells in the bone marrow, intestines and eye membranes. Inositol is important for hair growth. A very important use of inositol is prevention and treatment of cancer. It helps diabetic patients to improve nerve conduction. If taken in moderate amount, it helps serotonin, a neurotransmitter, which is important to fight depression.
- Inositol is vital for hair growth.
- Choline and inositol combine to produce lecithin which helps to prevent high cholesterol.
- inositol is said to have a calming effect on the nervous system and is therefore being studied for a possible treatment for nerve related illnesses such as depression, panic attacks and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Premature babies with respiratory distress symptoms are given inositol and it has been show to reduce death and disability.
- Inositol compounds have demonstrated qualities needed in the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- An inositol supplement can help to improve nerve conduction velocities in diabetics. Inositol can be used to treat constipation due to its stimulating effect on the muscular action of the alimentary canal.
- Choline : Essential for proper liver function, metabolism of fats and proteins and nerve functions (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) : Daily Requirement, Function, Benefits And Food Source That Everyone Should Know. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamins B3 (Niacin) : The Essential vitamin Required For Processing Fat In The Body, Lowering Cholesterol Levels, And Regulating Blood Sugar Levels. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) : Health Benefits of Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Biotin : The vitamin that plays a role in the formation of fatty acids and the release of energy from carbohydrates as well as being important for healthy skin, hair, and nails. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)