Germanium is a trace mineral with no Recommended Daily Amount (RDA) established. It is abundant on the surface of the earth and is in most plants. Germanium is believe to be highly beneficial to good human health. In fact, germanium has many important medicinal properties. In the body, germanium attaches itself to oxygen molecules. This has the unexpected effect of making our bodies more effective at getting oxygen to the tissues in our body. The increased supply of oxygen in our bodies helps to improve our immune system. It also helps the body excrete harmful toxins. Germanium is one of the most important reasons why natural foods, such as garlic are recommended by nutritional practitioners. Many disease states, such as osteoporosis, heart disease, immune system dysfunction and cancer have all been shown to respond to germanium therapy. It is also a powerful analgaesic, which enhances the effects of the body’s own endorphins.
The increased supply of oxygen in our bodies caused by germanium has many other exciting effects as well. Taking germanium supplements is effective in treating arthritis, food allergies, elevated cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and even cancer. Germanium can also be used to control pain in the human body.
Perhaps the most exciting thing about germanium is that it can stimulate the human immune system to fight cancer cells. This is exciting for two reasons. First, and most obvious, it helps fight cancer – one of the most deadly diseases in the world. But more importantly, it is not toxic to human cells. In fact, germanium is completely harmless to human cells, even cancer cells. Since it works by stimulating our immune system, which fights the cancer, it doesn’t damage the rest of the body like many other cancer treatments. Testing of new cancer treatments with germanium are underway, and perhaps we will soon see new, less damaging, cancer treatments using the element germanium.
In plants, this process helps protect them from infections by viruses, bacteria and fungi as well as increasing growth and protecting them from the cold. In humans, it seems the effects are both related to oxygen regulation and strong antioxidant activity
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps chronic Epstein Barr virus syndrome
- Helps correct distortions in the electrical aggregate of the human body
- Helps rid the body of toxins and poisons
- Improves cellular oxygenation
- Intracellular electrical impulse initiator
- Maintains the homeostasis in the body
- May be analgesic
- May have antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-tumor activity
- May reduce high blood pressure
- Reduces high cholesterol levels
- Useful as part of a cancer treatment program
- Useful in the treatment of hiv/aids
Although germanium deficiency per se is not recognised, a lack of germanium is associated with infection and immune disorders, heart disease and high cholesterol, arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer and many other conditions.
Normal amounts of Germanium in the diet
Germanium is present in many natural foods, comprising around 1mg/day in an average western diet. High intakes of synthetic germanium (50-250mg/day) have been shown to be detrimental to health, although this seems to depend on the form taken.
Best natural food sources of Germanium include:
Aloe vera, Broccoli, Celery, Comfrey, Ginseng, Goji berry, Garlic, Mushrooms (especially shitake), Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Suma, Seeds Tomato juice and Vegetables
- Silicon : A trace element that is critical for healthy bone cartilage, organ and connective tissues (aorta, trachea, artery walls, ligaments and tendons), and for beautiful hair, skin and nails. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- : The trace mineral that have a role in the regulation of sodium and in the metabolism of glucose and lipids. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Immune System : Boost Your Immune System With Fruits and Vegetables (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Boron : The trace mineral that is needed for the proper functioning of brain and healthy bones. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)