Salicylic acid is an important beta hydroxy vitamin also known as Vitamin B11. It is a crystalline and organic acid. Salicylic acid is obtained from the metabolism of salicin. Vitamin B11 functions in the DNA and RNA syntheses, essential for the body. It is necessary for cell division. By this way, it helps growth. It is necessary for the development of the fetus nervous system. It is synthesized in the human body by the phenylalanine amino acid. There are many benefits of this vitamin and hence vitamin b11 is essential for our body. If sufficient amount of vitamin b11 is not provided to our body, then many complications can occur. Such complications are anaemia, tiredness and a lack of appetite, some unexpected changes to the mucous membranes, and some changes in the small intestine.
Functions of Vitamin B11 Salicylic acid
Vitamin B11 is very important for our good health. Vitamin B11 provides various health benefits to the body. Some of its necessary functions are as follow:
- Improves the milk production when breast feeding
- Can help to protect against cancer
- Salicylic acid is used in the manufactures of certain creams for treating acne. It acts to correct the faulty desquamation function of the skin causing new growth off skin earlier while sloughing off the dead skin. It is found to penetrate the follicles therefore it is good and beneficial in the treatment of acne.
- It is also necessary for the growth and in the formation of tissues of the body.
- Improves appetite
- Gives babies and children immunity against infections
- Vitamin B11 in accompany with vitamin B12 take part in the formation of RNA and DNA,
- Helps preventing the developmental birth defect Spina bifida
- Vitamin B11 is very important for re-methylation of homocysteine and biosynthesis of nucleotides
- Depressed growth
- Feathering in chicks
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lower Immunity
Sources of Vitamin B11 Salicylic acid
- The main source of vitamin b11 is green vegetables like Spinach, Kale, Collard greens, etc
- Other source of vitamin B11 are oranges, fruits and potatoes .
- Vitamin B11 is presents in both animal and plant kingdom
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) : Daily Requirement, Function, Benefits And Food Source That Everyone Should Know. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Cobalt : It is an essential element required for the normal functioning of the pancreas. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)