Vitamin B17 is considered to be a vitamin of intense importance. It is chemically called as Amygdalin, Linamarin Dhurrin, Triglochinin, Sambunigrin, Prulaurasin, Triglochinin, Linustatin, Neolinustatin, Laetrile and Lotaustralin etc. This vitamin is used in the cancerous patients and is found beneficial to them.
Many researchers have claimed that vitamin B17 has certain medicinal properties and can be used for the treatment of cancer. It is the cyanide present in vitamin B17 that destroys the cancer cells. Thus, according to them, amygdalin not only prevents the onset of cancer, but also helps in its regression. For cancer treatment, Laetrile pills are administered orally or through intravenous injections. Consuming foods rich in vitamin B17 helps in fighting cancer. Some other health benefits of vitamin B17 include: it helps in reducing pain associated with arthritis and also, in lowering high blood pressure.
Functions of Vitamin B17
- This Vitamin is important for our good health and life. It performs various important functions.
- The one of the most important function of this vitamin is its role being anti-cancer agent therefore it is utilized in the treatment of cancer.
- It is also helpful in reducing the pain cause by arthrititis.
- It causes reduction increase in blood pressure to its normal value.
- Vitamin B17 is very essential in maintaining good health of our body.
- It also gives boost and strength to our body immunity system.
Deficiency of Vitamin B17
Because of it very important effect in acting as an anti- cancerous agents, its deficiency may lead to increase risks of cancer in the human.
Vitamin B17 Food Sources
- Beet tops
- Alfalfa, bamboo, and fava sprouts
- Spinach and Watercress
- Sweet potatoes and yams
- Bitter almonds, cashews and macadamias
- kidney beans, lentils, lima beans, garbanzo beans, green peas and black-eyed peas, butter beans, mung beans
- apple seeds, apricot seeds, cherry seeds, flax seeds, millet seeds, nectarine seeds, peach seeds, plum seeds, pear seeds, prune seeds and squash seeds.
- Wild blackberry, boysenberry, wild crab-apple, cranberry, elderberry, gooseberry, huckleberry, raspberry, mulberry , loganberry
- Barley, buckwheat
- Eucalyptus leaves
- Vitamin B-15 (Pangamic Acid): The vitamin that helps in the formation of amino acids in our bodies and may assist in the oxidation of glucose and cell reproduction. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Immune System : Boost Your Immune System With Fruits and Vegetables (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin U : This vitamin promotes healing activity in peptic ulcers, particularly in duodenal ulcers. It also targets acid reflux, colitis and gastritis. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin T : The vitamin that is very helpful in the coagulation of blood in the body. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)