Vitamin B15 (Pangamic acid) is water-soluble but its essential requirement in the diet has not yet been proven. Studies have shown that it does increase oxygen to the muscles and organs and may assist in lowering cholesterol. Vitamin B15 helps in the formation of amino acids in our bodies and may assist in the oxidation of glucose and cell reproduction .In addition, it can also act as a stimulant to the endocrine system which ultimately encourages liver function to help with body detoxification. There is also evidence that it is essential to the formation of some hormones as well as keeping the adrenal gland healthy and functioning properly.
In the United States, the FDA has not approved use of the vitamin and in fact, it has been banned for nearly two decades. While some countries outside the United States have conducted studies and determined that vitamin B15 may have some health advantages, no such studies have been done in the United States, and there is no available vitamin B15 supplement at this time. However, in the U.S., Dimethyl glycine (DMG) is used as a substitute for B15. Doctors prescribe DMG with vitamin E and A as way to improve energy levels.
In Russia, for example, scientists have shown that vitamin B15 can reduce the buildup of lactic acid in athletes which reduces muscle fatigue and even increases endurance. Russia has also used vitamin B15 to treat alcohol related problems. It is also used in Russia as a supplement to treat fatigue, asthma and allergies.
In Europe, vitamin B15 has been used to treat premature aging because of both its circulatory stimulus and its antioxidant effects. It helps protect the body from pollutants, especially carbon monoxide.
Benefits of vitamin B15
- Increases tolerance to hypoxia (insufficient oxygen to tissues and cells).
- Vitamin B15 has been used to treat cancer, schizophrenia and heart disease.
- Vitamin B15 has been found helpful in the treatment of number of diseases such as hypertension, rheumatic arthritis, asthma, heart disease such as angina. Emphysema arteriosclerosis, liver cirrhosis, hepatitis can also be get benefited by this vitamin 15
- It decreases the severity of symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis such as pain and morning stiffness in the patients of this disease.
- It causes relieve of discomfort and pain in patients of osteoarthritis as well.
- It causes Improvement in the capacity of the body to use energy from food and therefore provides extra energy for physical as well as mental works and for self healing and repair.
- It is found to be beneficial in premature aging prevention.
- Stimulates the carriage of oxygen to the blood from the lungs, and from the blood to the muscles and vital organs of the body
- Lowers cholesterol levels
Deficiency of Vitamin B15 Pangamic acid
Deficiency of this vitamin can impair its important function of formation of amino acids and antioxidants effects. Level of cholesterol may become high. Cancer causing substances may also increase in the body. Impairment occurs in the oxidation of glucose and in the cellular respiration.
Food Sources of Vitamin B15 (Pangamic Acid)
- Vitamins B3 (Niacin) : The Essential vitamin Required For Processing Fat In The Body, Lowering Cholesterol Levels, And Regulating Blood Sugar Levels. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) : The vitamin that enables rapid cell division and growth and is also the main fuel for productions of red blood cells to prevent anemia. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) : Health Benefits of Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin P (Bioflavonoids) : The powerful antioxidants that play an important role in prevention and/or treatment of many health conditions. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)