Herbs can bring an incredible amount of nutrition to your life in the form of vitamins, minerals and more. Here are a few popular local herbs that you can buy or harvest yourself.
Burdock Root: Contains inulin (stabilizes blood sugar), iron, magnesium, calcium, chromium, silicon, cobalt, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, carotenes, protein, and in the fresh root only Vitamin C and B2. Found near shade and water.
Chickweed: Contains iron, calcium, magnesium, silicon, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, copper, carotenes, Vitamins B and C. Found everywhere in early spring.
Clover, Red: Contains Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, calcium, chromium, and magnesium. Found on roadsides and meadows, disturbed land.
Dandelion: Roots are high in iron, manganese, phosphorus, protein, sodium, Vitamin A, calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, zinc and Vitamin CV complex. The leaves are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins A, B, C and D, potassium, iron, calcium, and phosphorus. Everywhere!
Horsetail: Contains iron, chromium, crude fiber, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, Vitamin A, niacin, phosphorus, protein, riboflavin, selenium, sodium, and Vitamin C. Everywhere!
Nettle: Contains calcium, chromium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, protein, riboflavin, selenium, silicon, thiamine, Vitamins A, C and K. Harvest in shade near water in early spring. Often found with Cleavers, which packs a punch of vitamins and minerals.
Sweet Violet The leaves of viola odarata are packed with Vitamin C and vitamin A. They are also filled with minerals. Find in shady, woodland areas. Do not confused with African Violet or its cousins, the garden pansy and Johnny Jump Ups.
- Hydrate Your With High Water Content Fruits and Vegetables In Your Diet (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Immune System : Boost Your Immune System With Fruits and Vegetables (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Diuretic Fruits, Herbs and Vegetables : List of Natural Diuretic Foods for Weight Loss (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Hydrate Your Body With High Water Content Fruits and Vegetables In Your Diet (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Magnesium : The Importance of Magnesium in Healthy Bodies (blissreturned.wordpress.com)