PABA (Para-aminobenzoic acid) is also a member of Vitamin B group. It is necessary for maintaining the reproductive glands and organs, maintaining natural hair color, fighting bacteria and for the protection from sunburns and other burns. Aids healthy bacteria in producing folic acid; aids in the formation of red blood cells and aids in the assimilation of Pantothenic acid. PABA enhances the effects of cortisone, estrogen, and other hormones through a delaying effect in the liver. It prevents accumulation of abnormal fibrous tissue.
- It is essential for the growth of micro-organisms.
- It prevents the bacteriostatic properties of the drug since it has similar chemical structure as that of sulphonamides.
- It forms a portion of folic acid.
- It is found effective in combination with Inositol and Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B-5) to check premature hair graying, and changing back to black color of the hair.
- May treat arthritis
- may prevent accumulation of abnormal fibrous tissue
- as been used, together with biotin, folic acid, pantothenic acid, and sometimes vitamin E, to restore hair
- early studies show may help treat vitiligo (loss of color or pigmentation in some areas of skin)
- It is seen that it can provide beneficial effects in women who are suffering from infertility.
- Other diseases which can be treated by PABA oral use include dermatomyositis, pemphigus, lymphoblastoma cutis, and morphea.
PABA ((Para-aminobenzoic acid)Deficiency
- Its deficiency can be responsible for achromotrichia in man due to change in intestinal micro flora.
- Patchy areas of white skin.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- premature wrinkling of skin
- frequent headaches
Best food source
Asparagus, broccoli, dark leafy vegetable, mushrooms, root vegetable, sprouts, sunflower seeds, spinach and wheat .
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) : The vitamin that enables rapid cell division and growth and is also the main fuel for productions of red blood cells to prevent anemia. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Sulfur : Sulfur foods are important as this mineral is present in every one of your cells. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) :Health Benefits of Pantothenic Acid. Food Sources of Pantothenic Acid (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) : Daily Requirement, Function, Benefits And Food Source That Everyone Should Know. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Inositol : The vitamin that promotes healthy brain development and function, and works closely with choline to move fats out of the heart and liver. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Biotin : The vitamin that plays a role in the formation of fatty acids and the release of energy from carbohydrates as well as being important for healthy skin, hair, and nails. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)