- Sugarcane, being low on glycemic index, helps keep the body fit and healthy.
- Sugarcane juice has been found to be very beneficial for preventing as well as treating sore throat, cold and flu.
- Since sugarcane has no simple sugar, it can be enjoyed by diabetics without any fear. However, they intake should still be limited for people suffering from type-2 diabetes.
- Being alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps the body in fighting against cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
- Sugarcane provides glucose to the body, which is stored as glycogen and burned by the muscles, whenever they require energy. Therefore, it is considered to be one of the best sources of energy.
- If you have been exposed to heat and physical activity for too long, drink sugarcane juice. It will help hydrate the body quickly.
- Sugarcane is believed to strengthen stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain, and sex organs.
- Sugarcane juice is an excellent substitute for aerated drinks and cola.
- Sugarcane clears the urinary flow and also helps the kidney to perform its functions smoothly.
- Sugarcane juice has been found to be good for those who are suffering from febrile disorders. Febrile disorders are responsible for causing fevers, which can result in a great amount of protein loss from the body. Liberal consumption of sugar cane juice provides the necessary protein and other food elements to the body.
- Sugarcane is beneficial for micturation, caused due to high acidity, along with genorrhoea, enlarged prostate, cyctitis and nepthritis. Mixing sugarcane juice with lime juice, ginger juice and coconut water will give better results.
- Sugarcane juice is said to speed up the recovery process after jaundice.
- As sugarcane consists of carbohydrates, in good quantities, it serves to refresh and energize the body. It supplies instant energy to working muscles and for this reason, it is also known to maximize performance in sports and endurance.
- Sugarcane is also good for digestion, as it can effectively work as a mild laxative because of its high potassium content.
- It lowers body cholesterol- both LDL and triglyceride
Raw sugar vs. Refined Sugar
The raw version of sugar is sugarcane juice which actually is good for the body because of its nutrients and mineral contains. On the other hand, refined sugar doesn’t have any mineral or nutrient contains. Refining of the sugar is similar to the bleaching process of wheat flour. Refines sugar are nothing more than pure carbohydrates and doesn’t have any other nutrient value an during the refinement procedure other unwanted chemicals such as phosphoric acid, formic acid and sulfur dioxide gets attached to the sugar crystals.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, not are they intended to diagnosis or treat disease.
- Mangoes : Health Benefits of Eating Mangoes And Drinking It’s Juice (blissreturned.wordpress.com)