Feeling sluggish, anxious or craving sweets in a big way? Maybe it’s time to help your body detoxify. Sure, you’ve heard this term many times, as cleansing and detoxification are becoming increasingly popular. That’s because people like you are taking control of your health and realizing the lasting benefits of making gradual natural improvements to your diet and lifestyle.
Do You Need to Cleanse?
Your body cleanses on a daily basis. It’s Nature’s gift to you that keeps illness away, gives you energy and allows you to think clearly. But, too many people are getting used to feeling “not so well.” Too many people live with the painful effects of a toxic system, and remain unbalanced in their thinking, emotions and physical health. You certainly don’t have to be one of them.
Signs that it’s Time to Detoxify
- Cravings: It seems like everyone has cravings these days. There are emotional triggers to this, but physically cravings can come from an abundance of highly processed and concentrated foods that artificially stimulate dopamine (the pleasure neurotransmitter), which plays a role in addiction. So, you will “feel good” and naturally want more of the food that is making you feel good. 1 Adding in fermented foods can help teach your body to crave what makes you really feel well. Cravings really do disappear once you detoxify.
- Food Allergies: Food allergies are often a sign that you don’t have the proper beneficial microflora to absorb and assimilate the nutrients from your food. This occurs when toxins like candida yeast proliferate and cause a leaky gut. Over time, you can recover from many food allergies or sensitivities by detoxifying your body and restoring that microflora with a balanced probiotic-rich diet.
- Heart Disease: The accumulation of toxins in the body allows for increased risk of heart disease. A diet lacking in living and fermented foods can lead to mal absorption of nutrients. As a result, a domino affect of nutritional deficiencies, high cholesterol, heart attack, or even stroke can occur. Purifying the body of harmful substances is one significant way of lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Adrenal Fatigue: If you are exhausted, having trouble losing weight, finding it hard to focus, or even experiencing problems in the bedroom, adrenal fatigue could be the culprit. The adrenal glands interact closely with the thyroid, liver, digestive system, brain function, and reproductive systems. When the liver and other vital cleansing organs are hindered from performing their tasks due to toxins, adrenal fatigue often results.
- Mental/Emotional Instability: The hazards of allowing dangerous chemicals into the body are not limited to the physical being. Mental and emotional disorders can be caused by a toxic system, and, much like food allergies, may be corrected.
- Depression, anxiety, and even some eating disorders have been linked to an abundance of certain toxic substances. A build-up of harmful chemicals can block the absorption and release of beneficial chemicals, leading to an imbalance that can have negative physical, psychological, and emotional effects.
Could parasites be part of your toxicity problem? Do you have any of these symptoms?
- Yeast infections, painful urination and enlarged prostate
- Diarrhea and foul smelling stools
- Nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramps, peptic-ulcers and gas
- Chronic fatigue, low energy or hyperactivity
- Weight loss
- Flu symptoms, fever and aches
- Sleep disturbances
- Gall bladder problems
- Vision problems
Why do a detox cleanse?
What is a detox cleanse and how can we choose the best kind? There are many to pick from but the raw food detox diet is the safest and quickest way to shed pounds and gain incredible energy, and unlike any other cleanse, it is a diet plan you can stick with long term so that instead of re-toxicifying after all your hard work, you will continue to experience raw food detoxification until the body is in a state of perfect health.
What exactly is the purpose of a detox cleanse? The definition of detoxification according to dictionary.com is the metabolic process by which toxins are changed into less toxic or more readily excretable substances. So what does this garble mean and why do we need a raw food detox in the first place? To understand the importance of a detox cleanse, we first have to understand where toxins come from and why our bodies accumulate them to the point where we are in great need of raw food detoxification.
Why are we toxic?
Many people who partake in a detox cleanse make the assumption that toxins are something we cannot avoid. After all, we breathe them in, we can’t always eat organic and everyone has the occasional slip up in their healthy diet. Actually, if this was all we had to be worried about as far as toxins go then the detox cleanse would be very mild.
But the truth is that most people don’t eat healthy diets (even those who think they do) and when people start a detox cleanse they typically experience some nasty symptoms. Headaches, nausea, dizziness, exhaustion,
excessive phlegm and coating of the tongue are just to name a few. These symptoms are evidence that the body is working on getting rid of some nasty stuff that the body has been storing for probably quite some time.
You immediately ask why your body would be holding onto toxins. Doesn’t everything that comes in go back out? To put it bluntly, the answer is no. You see, the human body was never meant to deal with the foods that we have grown accustomed to eating. The elimination systems of the body are just not equipped to handle everything we give it. Human digestion takes about a twenty minutes to a half hour for most raw fruits and vegetables, and a little longer for the fattier kinds such as avocado. Yet, for the standard meals we are used to, the digestive process can take hours and flesh can even take days to eliminate.
Now imagine what happens when we leave food out and let it go bad. Carbohydrates ferment and proteins putrefy and rot, giving off a whole list of health deteriorating toxins (there are ways to prevent this that few people are aware of ). After twenty or more years of subjecting the body to this, many of us are in real need of a good raw food detox.
Why do we store waste?
Let us imagine for a moment that a garbage truck is our body and the garbage men are the little workers in our stomachs. Once a week we put the trash out (aka we eat a meal) and the men come and pick it up and put it in the truck. The truck goes to the landfill and it is emptied out and all is well.
Now let us suppose we decide to be a little more careless about our impact on the environment and we have so much trash ( or so many meals) that the garbage men must come a few times a week now. Okay, so they are working a little harder but it is nothing they can’t handle.
But, we are suddenly so gluttonous that the truck is being filled all day long. The garbage men are so busy filling the truck that they simply have no time to empty its contents. So the waste builds and builds and the stench becomes unbearable. Disease grows rampant and the workers are exhausted. We can even think of death as the point in which the trash just overflows and there is a complete failure to thrive.
This scenario is analogous to what we put our bodies through with three meals a day and snacks. As the body is working on digesting one meal of heavy cooked foods, all of the sudden in comes another, and so waste is stored to be taken care of later but for many people the body never sees this “later time”. The body is so busy tending to digesting each meal that it can never “take out the trash”….unless you Detox
Detoxification is Simple if You Take it Step By Step
If you find your symptoms among these listed, fear not! Detoxification can be simple and you can begin today by making small changes to your diet. These ancient principles for wellness are your best map to your healthiest self. Try beginning by adding some delicious, fermented foods to your daily routine, or incorporating healthy green smoothies, or simply by switching to cleaner eating and practicing proper food combining. All of these are steps that will help you detoxify.
- Your Three Natural Body Cycles: This is known as the circadian rhythms. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Why Choose Colon Cleanse and Detoxification Products from DrNatura (prweb.com)
- Detoxification (baktoedenherbalproducts.wordpress.com)
- The Truth About Detox Diets (everydayhealth.com)