Phosphorus : This mineral is also essential for growth and repair of cells in the body.
By: Wilfred Rawventure Campbell
Tags: Banana, Black-eyed pea, DNA, dna and rna, electrolyte balance in the body, fluid and electrolyte balance, Green bean, Health, Human body, nourishment of the brain, Phaseolus vulgaris, Phosphorus, phosphorus deficiency, Soybean, Tooth, transmission of nerve impulses, vegan, vegetarian, vitamin C
Phosphorus is another important mineral that is required in the body for the necessary for nourishment of the brain and the growth of the bones, teeth and hair. Phosphorus is also necessary for the growth and repair of cells in the body. It is also believed that phosphorus helps in maintaining proper heart health and prevention of cancer. Along with calcium, phosphorus is required in order to have strong bones and teeth.
Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body and 85% of it is found in the bones. The rest of the body’s phosphorus is found in the blood, the fluid around and in cells, and in various organs like the heart, kidneys, brain, and muscles, where it is involved in many critical functions. It’s main purpose is for building strong bones and teeth, but this mineral is used by practically every cell in the body.
Health Benefits of Phosphorus
- For strong bones and skeletal structure
- For strong teeth, formation of tooth enamel, and healthy gums
- For energy and metabolization of fats and starches
- For growth and body repair
- For heart regularity
- For arthritis
- For speedier recovery of burn victims
- For cancer prevention
- For cell health
- Human body requires phosphate to produce energy and manage it. It also plays a crucial role in synthesizing proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Phosphate is also required to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body.
- With so many uses to its credit phosphate is indeed very important for the body, and lack of the same can result in adverse effects on us.
- Phosphorus is a vital component of DNA and RNA, and links the structures of both.
- Phosphorus also plays a crucial role in transmission of nerve impulses within the body
Phosphorus Deficiency Symptoms
- Almost eighty five percent of phosphorus in our body is found in the bones and the teeth, the remaining is found in the blood, muscles, organs such as brain, kidney, etc and fluids in and around the body cells.
- Any deficiency of phosphorus in the body can produce a number of symptoms and diseases. Some of the commonly experienced symptoms of phosphorus deficiency are weak bones and teeth, tiredness, reduction in appetite, pain and stiffness in the joints, lack of energy, occurrence of infections and confusion.
- Besides these symptoms, there are numerous phosphorus deficiency diseases too which can occur if there is an imbalance in the calcium-phosphorus reserves in the body.
- Such a phosphorus deficiency in humans can lead to diseases such as arthritis, rickets, pyorrhea and decaying teeth.
List of High Phosphorus Foods
- Amaranth leaves
- Bok Choy
- Black-eyed peas
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chia seeds
- French Beans
- Lima Beans
- Brazil Nuts
- Pine Nuts/Pignolias
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Wheat – Durum
- Wheat – Hard Red
- Wheat – Hard White
Most legumes are a good source of Phospherous but these are the highest.
- Adzuki Beans
- Black Beans
- Black Eye Peas
- Fava Beans
- Garbanzo Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Lima Beans
- Navy Beans
- Pigeon Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Soy Beans
- White Beans
- Winged Beans
- Copper: How is this Metal So Beneficial for Our Health? (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Magnesium : The Importance of Magnesium in Healthy Bodies (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) : Health Benefits of Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) :Health Benefits of Pantothenic Acid. Food Sources of Pantothenic Acid (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Vitamins B3 (Niacin) : The Essential vitamin Required For Processing Fat In The Body, Lowering Cholesterol Levels, And Regulating Blood Sugar Levels. (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Immune System : Boost Your Immune System With Fruits and Vegetables (blissreturned.wordpress.com)